Leading people in prayer
A short course on lay leadership of moments of prayer in our parishes.
Student Commitment: 4 weeks; c. 1h 30 mins per week.
Short Course Learning Outcomes: By the end of this short course, participants will be able to:
1. Interact, in an initial way, with the scriptures at a personal level
2. Reflect on local experiences and traditions personal and communal prayer
3. Appreciate the rightful place of lay people in the Church, with gifts and as co-workers in upbuilding the kingdom
4. Consider the theology of rituals and liturgies of common prayer.
· Strand One: Praying with the Scriptures: An introduction to lectio divina
· Strand Two: Spirituality and Prayer Practices
· Strand Three: The laity and Giftedness
· Strand Four: Rituals and Communal Prayer